The definition of goals within teams will have an impact in several factors that will contribute to improve team performance, productivity and overall the company success. The establishment of goals is important for teams for several reasons:
- Alignment: Goals help align team member’s efforts with the overall goals and objectives of the organization.
- Clarity and focus: They provide clarity on what needs to be achieved and establish a clear focus on key results.
- Measurement and accountability: The progress tracking allows teams to assess their performance objectively and hold themselves accountable for achieving the desired results.
- Motivation and engagement: Common goals create a collective effort and encourage team members to strive for excellence.
- Learning and adaptation: By regularly reviewing and reflecting on goals, teams can learn from both successes and failures and adapt their strategies accordingly.
- Collaboration and communication: By defining shared goals and key results, teams can encourage cross-functional collaboration and will create more effective communication.
How can I create a new goal?
Managers or Team Members can create a new goal for themselves or for another person within their team. To create a new goal from the Goals section follow the steps described below:
💡Goals can only be created from your profile at my.Nailted
- Go to your Goals section and click on the Add new goal button.
- Next, describe What do you want to accomplish with this goal and add all the details of the goal under the Details of the goal to achieve section.
- Add the person to whom you wish to assign this goal by choosing them from the dropdown that appears under the Who do you want to assign this goal to section. The assignee will be notified once the goal has been created.
- Select the goal type that you are creating from the options available:
- Company goal: These goals are focused on improving specific areas that affect your organization’s business.
A company goal can be aligned to a primary goal that will gather all the secondary goals or Key results necessary to reach the primary goal objective. A goal can be aligned with its primary goal by selecting it from the dropdown menu that appears under the Secondary goal section.
⚠️For creating a goal linked with a primary goal, the primary goal needs to be created first.
- Personal development goal: These goals are focused on areas of personal or professional growth and development.
- Next, set the Start and End date that the person will have for achieving the goal.
- Set the Key results that the goal will contain by clicking on the Add Key Result button and choose between the different types of Key results available:
- Percentage: Percentage key results are useful when the objective can be quantitatively measured and when tracking incremental progress is important.
- Yes/No: They are used when the outcome can be objectively determined as either achieved or not achieved.
- Numeric: These key results are used when there is a need to track quantities, counts or specific milestones as they provide a clear and specific metric to aim for.
💡Remember that key results need to be specific, measurable, time-bound and achievable milestones that help to track the process toward achieving the goal.
- Finally, click on the Create goal button to save your changes and notify all the assignees.