Having constant feedback from the people in the company is vital for responding to change, promoting engagement or fostering a positive work culture. However, one of the main reasons is that it helps us to detect areas for improvement in the organization, but once these areas have been detected it is necessary to put measures in place to try to solve them.
The Initiatives module enables you to set up initiatives within Nailted and measure whether they are having an impact on the metrics you have identified as presenting problems. This means that initiatives are used to track the progress of an action taken by the organization to resolve or track any event that has taken place or will take place that has an effect on a metric.
💡We recommend that you carry out and communicate improvement initiatives to maximize people's participation in Nailted as there is a direct link between participation and the momentum of improvement dynamics carried out by the company.
How can I configure an initiative?
To configure an initiative follow up the steps described below:
- Go to the Initiatives module and click on Create new initiative.
- Next add a Title and a Description of what the initiative is going to consist of.
- Select the Nailted metric or submetric towards which this initiative will impact select it from the dropdown that appears under Metric that impact.
- Configure the Start date and the End date of the initiative.
- Once the dates are set up, the initial value of the metric will be displayed and you will be able to set up the target value.
💡Place the sign “+” or “-” in front of the number to indicate if the target value will increase or decrease.
- Assign to which group the initiative will be impacting over from the options that appear on the dropdown.
💡It is possible to include the entire organization by selecting the company name.
- Finally, click on the Create initiative button to save your changes.
How can I track an initiative progression?
Once a Initiative has been created administrators can track their progress towards the target value and group configured following the following steps:
- Go to the Initiatives module and look for the Initiative you would like to track.
- Next, click on the Compare metric button that will redirect you to that specific metric page.
- That page will show you different information regarding the metric:
- Percentage increase or decrease of the metric towards the targeted value.
- Current value compared to the targeted value.
- Evolution of the value over time compared with the targeted value.
- Once you have finished comparing the metrics, click on the button Click here to remove the comparison with the initiative.
You can consult the status of the initiative as frequently as you need to and it will remain available for consulting even once the end date has passed.
Is it possible to modify an initiative?
Yes, administrators will be able to adjust some aspects of the initiative at any time to adjust to different circumstances following the following steps:
- Go to the Initiatives module and look for the Initiative you would like to modify.
- Click on the three dots icon next to the initiative name and click on the Edit initiative button.
- Now you will be able to edit the following fields:
- Initiative Title and description.
- Initiative target value
- Start and end of the initiative which provides more flexibility.
- Once you have performed all your changes, click on the Update initiative to save them.
The initiative will show the adjustments the next time that you click on the Compare metric button.